The Association publishes a bi-annual newsletter. The Association also issues reports on completed projects. The annual meeting of the Association is held each November in conjunction with the Middle East Studies Association conference. Since 2004, the Association hosts a very successful graduate student pre-conference prior to the CESS and/or MESA conference. An AATT-listserv informs members of the latest news including open positions in the field, and study and scholarship opportunities.
Based on priorities established by the membership, AATT has worked on developing proficiency guidelines for Turkish, a language learning framework for the teaching of Turkish in American academic institutions, and is currently actively promoting use of instructional technology and the Internet to improve the teaching and learning of the Turkic languages.
- AATT Conference announcement: https://aatturkic.org/aatt/article/129285
- AATT Membership Link: https://www.aatturkic.org/aatt/article/123683
AATT Student Scholarships:
- Halide Edib Adivar Scholarship: https://aatturkic.org/aatt/article/123689
- The James W Redhouse Student Prize: https://aatturkic.org/aatt/article/123688
- Walter G Andrews Ottoman Turkish Translation Award: https://aatturkic.org/aatt/article/139283
- Free subscription to the AATT Newsletter
- Member-only news and information
- Access to various resources, such as 2020 Language Learning Framework, sample course syllabi, the Advanced Turkish Grammar Modules folder, and the AATT membership directory
- Member-only discounts on:
- AATT Annual Conference
- AATT Pedagogy Webinars (starting in 2021)
- Chance to present at the AATT Annual Conference and win the AATT First-Time Presenter Award
- Belong to a professional national organization focused on Turkic language/literature pedagogy.
- Connect with other Turkic language professionals.
- Add your voice as AATT advocates for Turkic language professionals.
- Be represented in the development of AATT’s Turkic language materials repository.